Rumor has it a famous St. Joseph resident built the oldest part of this house – but no evidence to back it up. In 1868, alterations were made to the house. In the mid-1880’s when it was sold to the prominent dry goods merchant, the front porch and a vestibule in 1889 were added. The large barn/carriage house was built in 1907. In 1975 it was sold and converted into apartments. Unfortunately it had a major water leak in the last couple of years. Not everything was ruined – it still has incredible detail on the inside. It was at least 4 units at one time.

Date Added: 8/23/22 at 5:00 am
Last Update: 1/17/23 at 12:32 am

Interior

  • GeneralCeiling Fan(s)
  • RoomsGreat Room
  • LaundryMain Level
  • BasementUnfinished, Partial
  • FlooringCeramic Floor, Parquet, Wood
  • A/Cfalse, Other
  • HeatingOther
  • FireplaceGreat Room, Master Bedroom, Fireplace, Fireplaces: 2
  • AppliancesCooktop, Disposal, Microwave, Refrigerator, Built- In Oven
  • Half Baths1

Exterior

  • ParkingOther
  • StyleOther
  • GeneralGarage(s), Other

Construction

  • RoofingOther
  • General2 Stories
  • WindowsStorm Window(s)

Lot

  • Zoning06-3.0-08-003-001-002.000
  • FencingMetal

Utilities

  • WaterPublic
  • SewerCity/ Public

Financial

  • Sourcehmls, hmls
  • OwnershipInvestor

Location

  • HOAYes
  • HOA Amenities0.0
  • Road/AccessPaved

Schools

  • DistrictSt. Joseph School District
powered by

What's Nearby?

Restaurants
Coffee Shops
Grocery
Education

Map